We didn’t end up going to that little dessert place down the road, but it’s fine. We ended up going to the black market se llama el Mercado Molino. There were all these American things there, so we didn’t stay there that long. Next we went to uno mercado se llama Mercado Artesinal. That basically had all the stuff that we wanted (like woven bags and big ponchos and the like). I bought a little notebook in which I’m going to take notes for one of my classes. It was 20 soles (brought down from 25 thank you very much ;) ). Then we went with Margaret to the apartment she actually ended up getting with one of the Aussies of the program. There was another market there that TJ, Dawn, and I went in but it was mostly food so we didn’t love it. We’re not really cooking or anything, so it wasn’t really of necessity. But I did end up buying two little bulls for my kitchen table. A lot of the houses here have bulls on top of them for protection. I like that idea, so my house will be the only one protected asi en la ciudad de Filadelfia. I also bought a woven purse. I was thinking to buy a backpack, but I really think the one I have (although broken) is still fine. If it breaks past the point of usage, then I’ll buy another one. I mean I did spend $50 on it after all.
After this market, we walked to La Plaza de Armas. On our walk to La Plaza, we found yet another little market thing that of course we entered. Dawn and I were wondering how much it would cost to get our nose pierced. We really might get our noses pierced. It’s 50 soles for everything. Legit though we’re thinking about it. I bought a little sweater with a llama on it for Osito while we were there. I know it’s kind of dumb, but it’s definitely something I wanted to buy so whatever. He looks great in it, though, really I can’t lie.
When we were finally sitting, many local people came up to us to try to sell us stuff. I don’t really care; I’ll sit there and say no all day, but Dawn was definitely frustrated. I’m just frustrated that we kept getting gypped on cabs all day. Basically just because we’re American and look touristy. I literally hate it. Because the thing is that we definitely know how much we’re supposed to be paying. We need to be more aggressive. Anyway, there was a guy who was kind of mad cute selling things to put in your hair (I’m not sure how they go in your hair but they were mad cool) and he asked me where I was from. He guessed that I was from Argentina. Love that. <3 Because I’m basically so Spanish. Word. I’m down.
Tomorrow’s the first day of school! I wonder what level Spanish I’ll be in. I think I’m going to wear my dress that looks like a skirt/dress combination with my boots. We’ll see. I’ll write more about what goes down tomorrow. I’m regretfully bringing my laptop tomorrow in the hopes that I’ll use the internet there to make some calls. I know my mom’s basically going to kill me. I did give her my number though, so she could technically call me. I don’t understand. Maybe she hasn’t bought a calling card yet. It’d be nice if I could buy a calling card that I could use from my cell phone. The thing is that it’s just so much cheaper to call through the internet so I’d prefer to just have nice access to the internet. I think having it at school will work out just fine. I called Omar today with the last four minutes I had on the calling card from Paula. It ended up hanging up on him. He has my number too. Maybe he’ll call. It’d be such a nice surprise. ::)
Well, I can’t think of any other little stories so I think I’m quite literally going to just read a little bit or watch a little bit of the movie Baby Mama before I go to sleep. Let’s just hope this 8:00am class doesn’t kill me. We’re meeting at Arcangel tomorrow at 7:30am.
Hasta 7:30 manana. Ick.
No comments:
Post a Comment