I just got back from lunch with Chavu. We went to a little place called Epacoy and had chicken with French fries with Inca Cola. Inca Cola is so good! It basically tastes like candy. It’s like a mixture of cream soda and cotton candy (which is how Dawn described it, and she was spot on). Chavu paid which was super nice of her (although I definitely brought money. Just saying). And she was hanging up her jacket (which I have to learn the word she used for it because it was definitely NOT chaqueta…it was such a cooler word) and saw my wet towel from my hair hanging in the closet. She told me she had a better place for me to put it so that it would dry better. She then lead me to a window, opened it, and threw the towel up over this pole that is just chilling out there. Quite literally tossed it up and over the pole and pulled out a stick and said you can use this to help get it there. I was laughing on the inside because it was just so awesome the way this little Peruvian grammy was just throwing around this towel.
Yesterday, I bought stuff. I already said this in the previous post, but I want to elaborate on a few things. It was the first time I was bargaining in my entire life. It was awesome. I didn’t pay whatever price they asked for for anything. I got one bracelet and my keychain for 4 soles and another 2 bracelets for 4 soles in another little place. Both places asked for 5 or more. My scarf/shawl was supposed to be 25 soles, which I only paid 20. Ernesto was the guy from which I bought my shawl. He was interesting to say the least. He gave each me, Dawn, and TJ a free little pin that he carefully affixed to each of our breasts and made sure that he fixed each one as well. Yes, he definitely copped a feel. We came to the conclusion that we could look at it as though he copped a feel or as a free pin. We chose to look at it as the latter; we felt better about that. It really wasn’t a huge deal; just I wanted to include it in here.
Dawn, TJ, Margaret, and I are going to go out soon to this little place that we found on la Avenida de la Cultura. It’s a dessert place. So of course I’m going to go there. ::) They’re on their way over now. And Margaret apparently knows something about the black market? Yeah, I’m not totally sure what exactly she’s talking about, but apparently we’re going to go there afterwards. TJ’s going to a picnic with her family at around two (it’s about 1:50 now), so we’re going to say hi right quick and then she’s going to peace out.
I really need to shoot Emily a message on facebook, but it would be nice if my facebook would work! I was at Casa Don Ignacio yesterday, and facebook has my account on lockdown basically. I can’t get past the security; it’s kind of ridiculous. Because, yes, I’m definitely going to Columbia. And I really can’t wait.
One gripe I’ll put here right quick about everything is that the school only has American and Australian students in it. It’s not like we get to intermix with the locals. That’s okay though. I’m just going to go out into the streets and talk to people. Which is AWESOME.
Oh, and one last thing because TJ and Dawn just got here: Chavu said that I was learning Spanish quick. I liked that she said that. C: And yeah, I just talked to Dawn and TJ from my window because I could hear them. It was great.
I love Cusco. <3


No comments:
Post a Comment